Adopting a Pet:
Anchorage Animal Care and Control has a variety of animals for adoption. All available animals are shown on our website.
Don't be discouraged if you do not find the right pet for you the first time you visit the shelter.as we receive new animals every day.
When you visit the shelter you’ll see information about each animal on their kennel This information comes from their former
owners (if the animal was surrendered) and from day-to-day interactions between volunteers and staff with the animal. This
information is provided to help you select the right animal for your lifestyle.
Use the links to the left to see the animals available for adoption.
For the best chance of being reunited with your animal companion:
- VISIT OUR SHELTER IMMEDIATELY and at least every 2 - 3 days thereafter. Ask Customer Service for a Lost Dog or Cat Walk Through. Visit the adoptable animals section as stray animals who arrive without identification may be placed up for adoption after three days.
- Sign up to receive daily emails of animals entering the shelter or who are reported as “found” by the public. This can be done either online or in person at our Customer Service kiosk. Be sure to select "search for similar breeds".
- Talk to a Customer Service staff member to ensure that your information was entered correctly and that a photo of your companion was uploaded.
- There is NO GUARANTEE that AACCC staff will match an incoming animal with your companion. Only you can positively identify your companion.
- Search the Found section on our Lost Pets webpage. (Listed on the left)
Contents copyright © HLP Inc 1997-2020
HLP, Inc. and PetHarbor make no assertions about the availability, behavior or condition
of any animal.